Mary Anne Mendenhall
Mary Anne has been an attorney at The Bronx Defenders since 2008. She received her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School, where she was an Edward V. Sparer Public Interest Fellow. She interned at The Gulf Region Advocacy Center, the Federal Defenders of San Diego, the Federal Defenders of New York, and the Brooklyn Law School Capital Defender and Federal Habeas Clinic. Before law school, Mary Anne worked for Lansner & Kubitschek, where she worked on the trial and appeal of Nicholson v. Williams, a class-action lawsuit credited on a national level for sparking change in the handling of all matters of child protection cases. Mary Anne graduated from Dartmouth College in 2002. She is fluent in Spanish.
- Audible: New Family Values
- Jezebel: How the Child Welfare System Criminalizes Black and Brown Motherhood
- New York Law Journal: Legal Providers Critical of Foster Care Pact with State
- BxD’s Mary Anne Mendenhall on Hot 97 ‘Street Soldiers’ discussing the Adrian Peterson child abuse case
- Mary Anne Mendenhall and Emma S. Ketteringham in Huffington Post’s The Blog “Some Pro-Pot Parents Blog, Others Lose Their Children”