Keith Baumann is a Supervising Attorney at The Bronx Defenders in the Family Defense Practice. For the last eight years Keith has represented parents as they fight to reunify their families. Keith has led CLEs on litigating termination of parental rights cases including defending against permanent neglect, abandonment, mental illness and mental retardation, severe and repeated abuse, and notice and consent cases; numerous legal issues in Article Ten cases; confidentiality and other ethics issues; and on holistic defense models. Keith has served as Team Leader and is now a Supervising Attorney for the training team. During law school Keith was a Legal Assistant for Lansner & Kubitschek and interned for numerous offices including Judge Andrew Peck and the Safe Harbor Project. Keith has a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School and a B.S. from Northwestern University.
- Let Them Work
- The Atlantic: How Treatment Courts Can Reduce Crime
- Emily Galvin to present at Bennington College’s Incarceration in America conference
- The Christian Science Monitor: Retraining the NYPD after chokehold death
- The Bronx Defenders Written Comments for the New York City Council Committee on Public Safety
- Keith Baumann Led Training on Defending Termination of Parental Rights Cases
- Five members of our Family Defense Practice to speak at the American Bar Association National Parent Attorneys Conference